Faculty Hiring: Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of the Master Program in Smart Healthcare Management (Contract-Based)
The Master Program in Smart Healthcare Management (hereinafter as SHM) at National Taipei University is now recruiting 1 to 2 contract-based full-time faculty members (assistant/associate professor or full professor) to enhance the teaching quality in the professional fields. Applicants shall have a background in at least one of the following fields of expertise and could use English as the medium of instruction.
Fields of Expertise:
(1) Medical Informatics (2) Medical Image Processing (3) Data Mining (4) Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (5) Natural Language Processing (6) Data Analytics, or (7) Healthcare Management.
- Hold a doctoral degree accredited by the Ministry of Education, Taiwan
- Use English as the medium of instruction
- Assist with recruitment, program evaluation, and other administrative affairs
- Teach courses and use English as the medium of instruction
- Supervise students' theses and dissertations
- Participate in academic research and publication
- Assist with administrative affairs such as recruitment and program evaluation
- Student counselling
- Participate in or assist with other affairs requested by SHM
Term of Employment:
The term of employment is processed in accordance with the Regulations Governing the Recruitment of Contract-Based Teaching Staff of the University. In principle, the term of this contract will commence from August 1, 2022.
Now to January 3, 2022. (Application materials postmarked later than the submission deadline will not be accepted).
- Application Form for New Faculty Members: hard copy (signed) and Word file.
- Resume and personal statement: hard copy and Word file.
- The summary table of the bibliography of publications by faculty members: hard copy and Word file.
- Doctoral dissertation and a copy of reprints of all publications listed in the aforementioned summary table. (Two more copies are required if the applicant passes the preliminary review.) (Doctoral dissertation is not required if the applicant is not applying for the position of Assistant Professor.)
- A photocopy of the teacher certificate issued by the Ministry of Education (not required if unavailable).
- A photocopy of master and doctoral diplomas or a certificate issued by the university (institute) demonstrating that the applicant is about to obtain a doctoral degree. (The certificate shall specify the name of the department [institution] awarding the degree and be signed by the applicant's thesis advisor, and the applicant shall obtain the doctoral diploma before registration.) (If foreign academic credentials and diplomas are not in Chinese, their Chinese translations verified by Taiwan's overseas representative offices shall be submitted.)
- A photocopy of academic transcripts of both master and doctoral degrees. (If foreign academic credentials and transcripts are not in Chinese, their Chinese translations verified by Taiwan's overseas representative offices shall be submitted.)
- A photocopy of certificates related to work experience. (If the certificates are not in Chinese, their Chinese translations verified by Taiwan's overseas representative offices shall be submitted.)
- Optional: Personal entry and exit records certified by the National Immigration Agency of the Ministry of the Interior. (The records are required only if the applicant is an overseas degree holder has not yet obtained the MOE teacher certificate.). Foreign applicants who hold an academic degree outside of their home countries shall also provide relevant entry and exit records issued by the authorities of their home countries.
- Optional: Form for Requesting Inspection of a Diploma Obtained Overseas for the Purpose of Determining That the Holder is Qualified to Teach at the Junior College Level or Above (The form is required only if the applicant is an overseas degree holder who has not yet obtained the MOE teacher certificate.)
- A photocopy of the front and back of the National ID Card or passport.
- Two letters of reference. (Please provide names and contact information (phone number and email) of the two professional references.)
- Other supplemental documents that may facilitate the review. (e.g., a photocopy of recent teaching evaluation results, licenses, or certificates)
- If the applicant has already obtained the teacher certificate that meets the recruitment requirement, the following documents are not required: 1. The Chinese translations of foreign academic credentials verified by Taiwan's overseas representative offices; 2. The verified transcripts of foreign academic credentials; 3. Personal entry and exit records certified by the National Immigration Agency of the Ministry of the Interior; 4. Form for Requesting Inspection of a Diploma Obtained Overseas for the Purpose of Determining That the Holder is Qualified to Teach at the Junior College Level or Above.
- Please find the application forms in the attachment or visit the official website to download: https://reurl.cc/ZQYY1Q.
- For item 1, 2, and 3 of the Application Materials, please email Word files in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org (File Name/Subject: Application for contract-based faculty position of SHM program_Name).
- Please send the application materials to the Office of Personnel at National Taipei University (Address: No. 151, Daxue Rd., Sanxia Dist., New Taipei City 23741) before the application deadline on January 3, 2022. (Application materials postmarked later than the application deadline will not be accepted). Please mark on the envelope "Application for contract-based faculty position of Smart Healthcare Management program" and the name of the applicant.
- Only eligible candidates will be notified. (If you would like your application materials returned, please specify and put a returned stamp and envelope in the application package.)
Contact: Ms. Chen, Program Coordinator of the Master Program in Smart Healthcare Management. Ext. 67208