Faculty Hiring: Assistant, Associate Professor of the Master Program of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance
Title: Assistant/Associate Professor in Finance, Management and Economics
Section: Full-Time Academic (Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: New Taipei City, TAIWAN
JEL Classification: D0 -- General
Keywords: Finance, Management, Business, Economics
Full Text of JOB Listing:
Position: Full-time one-year renewable position. Rank is open and will depend on experience and accomplishments. English is the language of instruction. Starting date is August 2022.
Teaching 6 undergraduate/graduate courses per academic year (9 months), which is equivalent to 9 teaching hours per week per semester. Publishing research papers in peer-reviewed venues. Advising students regarding academic issues. Participating in University and Program level meetings and committees.
- Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate/graduate courses in Finance, Management, and Economics in English
- Dedication to interactive teaching styles
- Possession of a Ph.D. degree in hand or with reasonable expectation of completing all requirements for the degree by January 31, 2022.
- Teaching experiences incorporating different pedagogical methods in a diverse learning environment
- International collaboration experience
Application deadline: January 03, 2022
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit the following document:
- Cover letter (including what you could contribute to our program, about 500 words)
- NTPU New Faculty Member Application Form1
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications1
- Teaching plans for the minimum of 3 course syllabi1
- A copy of the teaching certificate issued by the Ministry of Education, Taiwan (if available).
- Master Degree Certificates and Doctoral Degree Certificates (if degrees are obtained overseas, a translated version verified by Taiwan's overseas representative offices should be enclosed)
- Master Degree Transcripts and Doctoral Degree Transcripts (if degrees are obtained overseas, a translated copy verified by Taiwan’s overseas representative offices should be provided)
- Documentations related to work experience (for example, overseas work experiences, supporting documents of which should be translated into Chinese and verified by a Taiwan's overseas representative office).
- Personal entry and exit records certified by the National Immigration Agency of the Ministry of the Interior (not required if the applicant who is not an overseas degree holder or who has already obtained a teaching certificate issued by the Ministry of Education, Taiwan; foreigners who hold the academic degree outside of their home country shall provide relevant entry and exit records issued by the authorities of their home country).
- Form for requesting inspection of a diploma obtained overseas1 for the purpose of determining that the holder is qualified to teach at the junior college level or above (not required if the applicant who is not an overseas degree holder or who has already obtained a teaching certificate issued by the Ministry of Education, Taiwan).
- A copy of national ID (front and back) or passport.
- Two reference letters (emailed directly by the respective referees to the Program Coordinator, Ms. Hui-Chen Lin (email@example.com).
- Other supplemental documents that may facilitate the reviewing process (e.g., teaching evaluation or certificates)
- 3 copies of doctoral dissertation and publications listed in the aforementioned summary table (doctoral dissertation is not required if the applicant is not applying for the position of Assistant Professor)
- For NTPU new faculty member application form, list of publications form, course syllabus and form for requesting inspection of a diploma obtained overseas, please download from our website: http://www.gmba.ntpu.edu.tw/web/news/news_in.jsp?np_id=NP1611883969469.
- Interested applicants should mail the application materials listed above to:
Office of Personnel
National Taipei University
No. 151, Daxue Rd., Sanxia Dist., New Taipei City 23741, Taiwan
[please specify "apply for the position of MBA in Finance faculty member" and the name of the applicant]
*Materials postmarked later than the submission deadline will not be accepted.
- Interested applicants should also email above application items 1-5 (including cover letter, curriculum vitae, NTPU new faculty member application form, list of publications, and at least 3 course syllabi and teaching plans) in Word® docs to firstname.lastname@example.org (File Name/Subject: apply for the position of MBA in Finance faculty member_Name).
- Only eligible candidates will be notified. (Please specify in the letter and include a return envelope if you would like your application materials to be returned.)
- For more information, see http://www.gmba.ntpu.edu.tw/home.jsp.